“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
We are looking for a passionate, talented Graduate Assistant Teacher who would like to pursue a career in teaching to join our dedicated team in our ‘outstanding’ school.
The successful candidate will work alongside the SENCo and a dedicated team of Teaching Assistants to contribute to improving standards in English and Maths. They will be responsible for small group interventions and work with students 1:1 as well as providing classroom support.
Our Graduate Assistant Teacher will also interchange with the class teacher and lead whole class learning as required to allow the teacher to focus on individuals and groups of students in order to ensure the progress of all students. They will inform, contribute to target setting and review meetings and ensure the provision for all SEND students is high quality and meaningful.
The successful candidate will lead on a specific area of SEND provision and develop an area of expertise to meets the needs of the School and reflect the individual’s skill-set.
Experience of working with young people or ELSA training would be an advantage.
Hoe Valley School is:
- An outstanding, heavily oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to knowing all of our students’ talents and strengths and their areas for development. This allows us to personalise the curriculum to stretch and motivate all of our students.
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with a dedicated Personalisation area
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 21st April 2019
Interviews to take place:
w/c Monday 29th April 2019
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.