GRADUATE / GAP THEATRE PRACTITIONER
This is a role that could develop and evolve with the strengths and expertise of the post-holder. The following is a non-exhaustive list of anticipated duties.
Creative and Educational
· Directing or assisting with productions (curricular and extra-curricular)
· Leading the UIII Pantomime with a teaching member of the department, supervising members of the sixth form
· Practical teaching assistant in some classes
· Leading a club (under the guidance of the teaching staff)
· Sourcing costumes, props and set for departmental productions, both curricular and extra-curricular
· Assisting with Scholarship auditions
· There may be the opportunity to initiate additional projects, subject to discussion with the Head of Drama
· Resource management
· Responsibility for the department props, costumes and books. This will involve keeping a record of loans and returns and keeping these areas tidy
· Noticeboards and displays
· Maintenance and upkeep of video cameras, cameras and other equipment
· Overview of the school magazine and website updates
· Attending all evening school productions and all weekend technical rehearsals
· Attend at least one extra rehearsal day per half term, usually a Saturday, but could be a Sunday or INSET day.
· Assisting the Drama department, and other departments, with trips or special events
Hours of Work
· Monday – Friday 08.30am-3.45pm except for Mondays and Wednesdays when you will be required to work until 5.30pm. There is the potential for working until 5pm on Tuesday and Thursdays if necessary and by prior arrangement
· There will be a probationary period of six months, during which one week’s notice is required from either party. Thereafter the notice period will be one month. The position will be reviewed after 1, 4 and 6 months
Salary and Benefits
· Salary is competitive.
· Lunches are provided
· Staff accommodation is available
For more information on our lively and well-resourced school and for an application form, please visit the Vacancies Page on our website www.theabbey.co.uk.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form in full, including details of suitable referees as instructed, then send this with your full CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will only be arranged following our receipt of a completed application form.
Interviews to be held: As soon as you are shortlisted
If your skills and experience are suitable for the role we will be in touch shortly. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For enquires please contact email@example.com