Two year fixed term internship position
Full time (40 hours per week/52 weeks per year) - negotiable
Exciting opportunity to join this independent school in North West London as an Estates Administrator – you will get great exposure across the school by working closely with both educational and support staff and learning first-hand from the Head of Operations (Estates) who has 25 year’s experience in Estates & Facilities Management.
This is a busy, hands-on role supporting the Head of Operations (Estates) as the school embarks on the next phase of its Masterplan. You will get involved across all aspects of estates and facilities management within an educational setting and will have exposure to project and contract management (which will be supported with training), supporting estates and facilities as well as the wider school community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up a Planned Preventative Maintenance Program
- Creating new contract management processes and systems
- Supporting the school Eco Action Team, taking initiatives to improve on waste, energy and sustainability management
- Conducting surveys, reports and building inspections
- General administrative support including helpdesk and diary management, minute taking
- Creating new filing systems for building plans and estates paper work
- Supporting project management of major and minor building projects, repairs and maintenance
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required.
This role would suit a recent graduate (any subject), with some general office administration experience, who is interested in developing a career in administration management, looking to develop their communication and analytical skills, whilst learning about estates management (although the skills learnt here will be transferrable). There is scope to learn and develop in the role as the school goes through an exciting period of change, so a genuine interest in working in education will be beneficial. Must be comfortable working in a small but busy office environment and be happy to pitch in where needed.
Please see the attached job description for full details of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply via our online Application Form.
Closing date: Monday 12 April 2021
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
King Alfred School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
King Alfred School is a small, friendly, independent, co-educational child-centred school. We accept pupils from age 4 to 18; the school is strictly non-denominational embracing a wide ability range. Classes are unusually small and pastoral care is v...