Forest School has an exciting new vacancy for a Graduate Assistant (Videographer). You will need
to be skilled and creative, with an enthusiastic approach to the filming and editing of videos for school events and
digital projects. You will be planning and organising these shoots and will have a large creative input throughout. As
a result of working in this role, the Graduate will have the opportunity to acquire and further develop their
photography and videography skills, communication, time management, attention to detail, adaptability and
customer service skills.
The Forest School Ethos
Forest is a humane, open-minded school with both feet on the ground, in which the pupils’ all-round personal development is outstanding and academic attainment is high. It is, above all, a happy school which understands the rich inter-relationship between the curricular, the co-curricular and the pastoral. There is boldness in the School’s character, a readiness to be forward-thinking and adaptable, with pride in what we are and excitement for what lies ahead.
GROWTH HARD WORK RESPONSIBILITY COMMUNITY LEARNING DIVERSITY WELLBEING
Forest is a large, vibrant school, with more than 1,430 boys and girls in equal proportion, from 4 to 18. Our traditional House structure means that each pupil is treated as an individual, of whom we have the highest expectations, while our size enables us to offer breadth and depth of opportunity.
Forest is a city school set within 50 acres of grounds surrounded by Epping Forest, within easy walking distance of Snaresbrook Central line tube station and Wood Street Overground station.
Why work at Forest?
There are many benefits of working at Forest school as staff are our single most important asset. Key benefits include:
• Generous CPD budget
• Comprehensive Professional Development Review system
• Opportunities to contribute to the wider community via our extensive Outreach Programme
• 18 weeks holiday and our own salary scale with salaries above those paid in the maintained sector
• Free hot lunch (takeaway sandwich lunch also available) and refreshments throughout the day (Term time only)
• All teaching staff currently enrolled in the national Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• 20% fee remission (pro-rata for part time staff) for children attending Forest which is applicable Y3-Y13
• Free membership of the Sylvestrian Leisure Centre during school hours and heavily subsidised membership outside those hours
• Free death in service cover and subsidised AXA PPP healthcare insurance
Don’t just take our word for it
What the Good Schools Guide say:
“Forest is a power-house with a heart. The pupils exude purpose – modern, dynamic youngsters with an eye on what’s happening next”
Closing date for applications, 15 January 2021, 08:00am
Interviews will take place on the 22 January 2021
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged. The School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
E17 3PY, Waltham Forest
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
Forest is an outstanding all-round School, well known for its friendly, welcoming ethos, and full of 1400 bright sparky pupils aged 4-18. We are lucky to be located in this part of North East London, allowing us to attract pupils from a diverse range...