ABERDEEN St Joseph's High School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Joseph's High School is seeking a temporary Groundsperson for 18 hours per week .
• Join a school set among green fields with extensive picturesque views of rich farmlands, cattle grazing, the Hunter River and distant mountains;
• Join an agricultural environment committed to enriching staff and students with a variety of real life experiences through interactive agricultural projects;
• Incentives available to compensate for additional costs associated with relocation to this location in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
St Joseph’s High School is a co-educational, Year 7-12 school committed in partnership with the community to meeting the academic, social, physical and spiritual needs of its students. St Joseph’s promotes an authentic learning community with a rigorous and comprehensive academic curriculum encouraging high standards of education for every student.
The teaching community are deeply committed to helping students achieve their goals with a strong focus on Catholic identity and the development of the whole person. Among the school community it is highly recognise that learning has its greatest outcomes when parents, students and teachers form strong relationships based on mutual respect and trust. Teachers maintain high expectations of students, fostering the formation of well-rounded and spiritually centred young people. Relocating to a new community to live and work is a leap of faith. It involves a shifting away from family, friends and familiar routines. However, it can also open up possibilities of opportunities for professional growth, unique experiences and new friendships.
• Perform maintenance tasks unsupervised
• Manage the school's maintenance program
• Manage and maintain the grounds
• Maintain school buildings
• Comply with security provisions
• Have an understanding of the ethos of a Catholic school
• Have an understanding of WHS requirements
• Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category A – Accreditation to Work or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 27 March, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's High School
PO Box 12
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Robert Holstein: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday 27th March, 2020. 3pm