Maltings Academy is graded ‘Outstanding’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike.
You will be joining our Art, Technology and Hair team and be part of an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are driven, and passionate about Hair/Beauty and can teach VTCT Hair & Beauty then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for:
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that will engage, enthuse and motivate our learners to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- A drive for continuous improvement to help maintain an outstanding department.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher with excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of an academy moving forward at pace
- BHSF membership which provides support and employee benefits including a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare costs, an employee assistance programme and savings from a range of retailers
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre and linked centres in the Fusion Group.
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the school so you can come and see what life is like here! Contact David Maclean, Head of Technology, Art & Hair - firstname.lastname@example.org
We work closely with our sister academy, New Rickstones Academy, also in Witham and have a joint Sixth Form provision. Although this role is based at Maltings Academy, all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This position is required to commence January 2020
Closing date: Monday 30 September
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.