St Bees School occupies a central position within the Full Circle family of schools in the UK and China, operating a unique West meets East fusion education model.
The present Head is to take up the post of Director of Education for Full Circle, and St Bees UK seeks to appoint a new Head who can continue to develop its pioneering vision.
The headship at St Bees is a very different role to a traditional headship. The successful candidate will find a school whose systems, structures, philosophy and vision are well established within a well-defined, future-oriented framework. The incoming Head will play a substantive role in taking St Bees into the wider community through focused representation, networking with local, national and international networks, establishing partnerships and celebrating the School’s successes.
In our mission to prepare students with the skills and understandings required for success in an ever-more globalised world, here at St Bees School, we have taken on a remit which differs markedly from that of a traditional independent school. A first-time visitor to the St Bees School immediately gains a sense of the positive ethos which exists amongst students and staff alike, making the School a truly fine place to work.
- To work with Full Circle and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), to create a matrix of strategies to attract students to the School, and to partner the Head of Marketing and Admissions towards this target;
- To ensure that the ethos and values of the School are maintained and developed through positive leadership and adherence to the ‘guiding principles’;
- Overall responsibility for the financial return of the School;
- To harmonise the work of the SLT to articulate and implement the aims and objectives of the School, as captured in the School Development Plan and provide strategic direction;
- To lead the appropriate planning processes to enable the agreed vision to be realised, with appropriate targets in place against which delivery can be monitored;
- To liaise, as required, with Full Circle’s Director of Education regarding the partnership and joint working practices;
- Actively to support the development of the twin campus concept with St Bees schools in China;
- To work with the School Board and the Advisory Board to ensure there is commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare, health and safety of students and staff and that appropriate policies and procedures are put in place to meet this objective, recognising the boarding community of the School;
- To enhance the performance and reputation of the School, its students and staff;
- To attend marketing events – virtual or in person, as required, in order to represent the school to key stakeholders.
If you believe that true leadership flourishes best in a team-based environment, if you strive to unlock children’s individual potential, if you espouse the St Bees vision and can radiate its philosophy with enthusiasm to the world, and if you can take people with you in a can-do spirit of optimism – then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Interested candidates are asked to call the current Head, Roger Sinnett on 07375 670 489 for an initial discussion.
Following initial discussions, candidates should apply by completing our application form, and may wish to include a copy of their current CV, together with a short covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4).
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 1st March at 09:00 GMT
Full details can be found at www.stbeesschool.co.uk
St Bees School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
At St Bees School, we are constantly striving to identify the needs of tomorrow’s world, and prepare our students, from ages 11-18, to meet these challenges with confidence. What skills and competencies will our students require for the world o...