Can you juggle oranges whilst standing on your head? If so, you will be a perfect fit as Head of All Through School at Washwood Heath Academy
This post comes at an exciting time within the development of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust. Washwood Heath Secondary academised in 2013 and converted to a Multi Academy trust in 2014. It is currently a family of 7 schools (secondary and primary) serving the East of Birmingham. We believe that we are stronger working in partnership to serve the children and families of our community. Washwood Heath Academy became an all through school in 2017 with a reception and year 3/4 class and will continue to grow over the next few years. The new full primary facility will open in approximately January 2019. The post 16 facilities of the school are also being developed in line with the increased student population. In September 2018 the school will take an additional 25 year 7’s.
This means we have a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational Head of All Through School who has the drive and ambition to consolidate our rapid growth, embed good outcomes and take us to the next level of success.
You will have the ability to implement improvement throughout the school and have a passion for raising standards and encouraging pupils to develop a love of learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Promote a love of lifelong learning from EYFS to adulthood
• Have excellent leadership, organisational and management skills
• Demonstrate the ability to build on success and manage change
• Show commitment to a culture of continuous improvement that promotes excellence for staff and pupils alike and builds on our current Ofsted rating
• Demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to articulate a clear vision for the through school and support positive relationships across the Trust
• Contribute significantly to the wider development of all schools within the Trust
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, well behaved learners who engage positively with school life
• A hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
• A culture of support for all staff
• MAT-wide continued professional development opportunities to enable practical and research based school improvement initiatives
• High level of support, coaching and friendship from the head CEO/Head Teacher group
• Access to an employee benefits scheme
• On-site parking
For further details, please visit the school website: www.washwoodheath.com or alternatively complete the online application form.
We warmly encourage you to visit the academy – please contact Mrs A. Sutheran: 0121 675 0536 to arrange.
Closing date for applications: 16th June 2018
Interviews to take place week commencing 25th June 2018.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.