Position: Head of School - Alternative Provision
Location: Chorley, Lancashire
Salary: £27,607 - £35,787 depending on experience, qualifications and training
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: October 2021, or as soon as possible
About the school
The organisation are a multi-sited company with each school registered separately with the Department for Education as an Independent School. They specialise in teaching students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education for various reasons, including poor mental health. They offer an alternative curriculum to meet the needs of each student on an individual basis. Each of the schools have a maximum of 35 students.
Students within the schools are usually divided into KS3 and KS4 and they have Specialist and Vocational Teachers that deliver a range of important subjects and courses to their learners.
About the role
As Head of School your core responsibility will be to operationally manage the performance of the school, through close relationships with other members of the Leadership Team, Senior Leaders and Executive Team by ensuring that the school is providing high quality, alternative education for our students and ensuring the school is compliant at all times through an outstanding provision.
Fundamentally, the Head of School, in conjunction with and supported by members of the Leadership and Executive Team will:
• Ensure compliance with the teacher standards, Independent School Standards, the Education Act and all statutory and contractual obligations;
• Monitor and support the overall progress and development of all staff and students;
• Plan, implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students;
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
• Contribute to raising standards of student attainment;
• Lead the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for spiritual, personal and academic growth
Applicants MUST have experience of the following:
• Responsibility for the operational management of a training / educational provision.
• Responsibility for financial performance within a training / educational provision.
• Responsibility for developing, monitoring and evaluating an aspect of school provision.
• Proven record of rigorous performance management of teaching staff and achieving outstanding results.
• Experience of balancing a management approach remotely and having a physical presence.
• Teaching qualification, or equivalent with QTS or QTLS
• A degree or equivalent subject specific qualification
In return, they offer:
• Fantastic CPD opportunities
• Contributory Pension scheme
• 11 week's annual leave
• Childcare vouchers
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education's Permanent Recruitment Team, please contact Daniel Bazeley on 0161 470 2291 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency