We are seeking a talented, engaging and ambitious leader with a passion for making a difference. The successful candidate will make a positive impact on the lives and futures of the students in our school.
The Head of Art will take responsibility for the programme of learning through which pupils will acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to lead successful lives. This will be supported by a dedicated TLR holder to lead and manage the implementation of this curriculum. Other teaching staff across the schools will also be part of the enthusiastic and dedicated team delivering these lessons.
We seek a leader who is passionate about personal development, academic excellence, collaboration and delivering high quality support for every student.
This role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to promote the wider development of students, in addition to their learning and achievement and to gain experience in strategic and operational leadership.
The successful applicant will:
- Model excellence in day-to-day leadership.
- Lead the development of high quality, learning centred policies & practices.
- Work with staff to ensure the department reflects the school’s ethos and aims.
- Develop a strategic view for the department which supports the vision, ethos and policies of the school.
- Support the creation and implementation of the school improvement plan, especially as it relates to the department and to take responsibility for appropriately delegated aspects of it.
- Use national, local and school management data effectively, to monitor standards across the department.
- Monitor the progress made towards achieving annual plans and targets and use the information to plan future developments.
- We will offer you:
- An extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels,
- A professional, hard-working and supportive team that works together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture inclusive to all,
- Access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
- The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified.
CLOSING DATE: 9.00AM, Wednesday, 27th January 2021. Interviews W/C 1st February 2021.
This post is not suitable for NQTs.
Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards which flows from Community Academies Trust vision and values. Due to the current COVID 19 outbreak we are adding supplementary measures to our safeguarding protocols. As such, a third reference is required, and all references will be taken up prior to interview.
The role is covered by part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 0747273-6
We are busily planning ahead for the forthcoming year and are excited about welcoming new staff to come and join us. In place of academy based interviews, we have set up systems to ensure that alternative options are still available via skype/video conferencing wherever possible. Every effort will be made to try to accommodate any specific requirements so that no-one is at a disadvantage.
Whilst we would usually welcome you to visit our school, the current situation means it is not possible for you to do so. However, if you would like someone to talk to you via phone or video link, please do not hesitate to contact Penny Jolley via email. She will put you in contact with the most relevant member of staff to provide with the information you require.
The Telford Park School
Telford and Wrekin
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
On behalf of the staff, and more importantly the students, we would like to offer you a warm welcome to our school. The Telford Park School opened its doors for students for the very first time in September 2015 signalling the start o...