Queen Anne’s is one of the country’s leading independent boarding and day schools for girls of 460 pupils, aged 11-18.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, well qualified and experienced Head of Biology to run a successful department and to teach up to A-Level and Oxbridge entrance within this academically selective and dynamic school.
The Head of Biology will take responsibility for the leadership and strategic direction of Biology within the School and the overall direction of the department.
For the right candidate, there may be the opportunity to take on the additional responsibility with the role of Second in Department of Science.
The successful candidate will:
- deliver the curriculum to the highest standard to all pupils
- develop excellence within the department bringing enthusiasm in every area
- be committed to promoting the subject across the whole school
- be instrumental in stretching all pupils to their full potential
- be committed to a boarding and day school ethos and maintaining a happy and safe environment.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25 April 2019
Full details of this position and how to apply are available from http://bit.ly/QASCareers or by emailing HR@qas.o rg.uk
Queen Anne’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).