Sunbury Manor is a highly inclusive, popular stand alone academy located in a large, accessible site just off the M3 in North East Surrey. Currently, there are 1179 pupils aged 11-16.
Ofsted inspected the school in October 2019 (Section 8) and judged the school as continuing to be Good. The Lead HMI described Sunbury Manor as: "a happy and welcoming school" and found that: "Pupils, parents and staff agree it feels like belonging to an extended family."
Covid-19 has taken its toll on Education as a whole and now is the time to take stock and prepare for the future when things will start to return to some normality.
We are looking for a dynamic Head of Subject for Biology, an outstanding teacher who possess drive, enthusiasm and integrity and truly wants the best for our pupils and school.
To be considered you will need to have a UK QTS or an overseas formal secondary school teaching qualification that is recognised in the UK and have the right to teach, live and work here.
There is no sponsorship available for this position, please do not apply if you require sponsorship or are currently living outside of the UK.
We thrive on, and celebrate the success of our students and staff and here are some of the benefits of joining the team at Sunbury Manor:
- An excellent Induction and CPD programme – we are recognised as an outstanding provider
- To work in a quality environment, with state of the art equipment
- To enjoy the facilities provided to our staff and students through our IT systems
- To join a team that is inclusive and friendly, with regular social events (Covid permitting)
- To enjoy working close to London – with easy access by road and rail in addition we have ample onsite secure staff parking
In addition to the salary we offer the following:
- Access to the Surrey Flex Benefits Scheme, providing discounts on a range of services
- Level 1 Cover – with Westfield Health
- Teacher Pension Scheme
- Complimentary membership to the onsite leisure centre
- Free and secure onsite parking
Due to the current travel restrictions please ONLY apply if you are currently living in the UK.
If you feel that this position is of interest and you are ready for fresh challenges, then we would love to hear from you.
We do not accept, nor will we be bound by, any unsolicited applications from agencies - such applications will be deleted and CVs will not be considered.
Applications will be considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Sunbury Manor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and evidence of qualifications will be required.
Sunbury Manor School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years