ABOUT LETOVO SCHOOL
LETOVO welcomes selectively chosen academically driven children with the highest learning potential. Our first year has shown that our students are highly motivated and completely committed to their boarding life. Letovo students can boast of award-winning architectural world class facilities and state of the art boarding houses.
LETOVO School is 40 minutes away from the centre of Moscow and is situated in a highly sought area. Phase 3 of constructions includes the incorporation of a beautiful 40-acre forest into the school territory, for leisure and study.
BOARDING AT LETOVO SCHOOL
Boarding at Letovo encompasses 10 comfortable houses, each occupied by 56 students, of different ages (ages 12-18). Together these 10 houses form the Boarding community based on the traditions of British boarding schools. Every house at Letovo School has a Housemaster/Housemistress or an Assistant Housemaster/Housemistress and Graduate Boarding Assistants that live and share the house with the students. This Boarding Team is responsible for the care of the students creating a home away from home.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
The post of Head of Boarding is a senior position and forms part of the Senior Leadership Team at LETOVO School. The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the provision of all aspects of boarding as well as playing a crucial role in whole-school strategy and development. The post holder will have the ability to manage boarding teams effectively and possess excellent communication and administrative skills
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
• Plan, organize, lead and control the work of the Boarding team;
• Ensure the safety and well-being of students during their stay at the boarding school, supporting common approaches to the safety and well-being of all students in all learning and life situations.
• Coordinate with all participants of educational process and school departments to create optimal opportunities for study, development, leisure, recreation of each student in accordance with the requirements and recommendations of the school, taking into account individual characteristics and needs of students
• Develop and update the Boarding business processes, standardize procedures, develop policies and regulatory documents
• Participate in the school-wide performance assessment / improvement projects, i.e. assessment of adaptation progress, annual performance appraisal, staff efficiency improvement, staff development, personnel reserve management and succession planning
• Budgeting of the costs of the Boarding department
• Share the existing expertise related to the boarding international standards with other school staff and department heads, in the appropriate areas
• Lead and oversee the recruiting, appointment and training of Boarding staff, their continued development through implementation of continued professional growth
• Meet regularly with the Boarding staff to discuss current issues, ensure continuity and mutual support within the team;
• Ensure a visible presence in the Boarding community and houses in order to develop rapport with all boarding students;
• Promote self-management skills, compassion and open mindedness and encourage good behaviour on the part of boarders whilst dealing with infringements in a firm but caring manner;
• Oversee Boarding student disciplinary cases to ensure fair and consistent treatment and support for all students;
• Cooperate with the Admissions & Marketing departments to promote Boarding and assist with student admissions campaign;
• Provide an exceptional working environment through which the Boarding team will thrive based on supportive relationships and a culture of appreciation
• Ensure that all members of the Boarding community interact with other departments of the school in accordance with the processes, norms and culture of the school and maintaining effective working relationships with all stakeholders;
• Chair the student Boarding Committee
• Implement the School’s Safeguarding Policy and follow its requirements.
• Higher education (Pedagogy, Psychology)
• Passionate about and dedicated to boarding.
• Successful experience in a similar position from 5 years
• Knowledge of international boarding standards.
• Experience of working with gifted and talented children will be an additional advantage.
• Purposefulness, flexibility, adaptability to different tasks, ability to work in multitasking, proactivity
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking skills, as well as the ability to communicate comfortably with a variety of people while standing up for diplomatic communications.
• Excellent skills in organizing and managing people, teamwork, change management
• Possession of positive energy and ability to lead.
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
• Willingness to work hard with energy and enthusiasm realising that the post involves commitment seven days a week during term time.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent package
- Accommodation on campus
- Agreed onetime relocation allowance
- Visa and work permission support
- Full national medical insurance provided
- Return economy flights once a year
HOW TO APPLY
Letovo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced police check is required for all successful applicants.
If you are interested in being a part of our dynamic team, please send your full application (including CV, supporting cover letter) to email@example.com
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 12 - 17 years
Letovo is a brand-new boarding school opened in September 2018 for gifted and talented children from all over the Russian Federation
It is a highly selective school serving 1000 bright students from Moscow and across Russia in grades seven thro...