Sacred Heart Catholic School
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Head of Business and Economics to join our fantastic team at Sacred Heart School. The ideal candidate will be ambitious for career development and will be required to teach Business and Economics A-Level. You will be able to demonstrate unwavering commitment to raising student progress and standards.
Sacred Heart Catholic School is a very successful and oversubscribed 11-19 school in Southwark, London. We are a Catholic school with very strong moral values and a traditional approach to behaviour and discipline; we believe in honesty and trust. Sacred Heart consistently achieves outstanding academic results far above local and national averages in every subject area. We also have an exceptional record of helping our pupils to achieve more than they think is possible: we are regularly in the top 5% of all secondary schools in the UK on Academic Value Added tables.
We are an OFSTED outstanding school with a culture of high expectations. The vast majority of our students progress onto top universities including Oxford and Cambridge. We have the best attendance and behaviour figures in the local authority.
The Business and Economics Department has a strong record of academic achievement in delivering excellent outcomes across KS4 and KS5. Enterprise and Marketing is delivered at KS4, following the OCR Cambridge National specification and Business and Economics A-Levels follow the AQA specification. At KS5, Business and Economics are oversubscribed subjects. ALPs results for Business and Economics have been consistently high, regularly achieving a Grade 1 or 2, placing us as one of the top schools nationally for these subjects. Furthermore, for the last five years 100% of students have achieved A*-C grades.
We want from you:
• A track record of securing outstanding student progress in Business and Economics
• A dynamic leader who can make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the department, marking examinations, leading departmental meetings, sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, collaborative teaching, mentoring and active participation in CPD.
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
• The ability to engage and inspire our students with outstanding A Level Business and Economics teaching
• Commitment to developing the highest standards of learning and teaching
• Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
• Have high expectations of themselves and others
• A highly committed and driven staff
• Students who are very keen to learn and make exceptional progress
• A supportive school with excellent CPD opportunities
• A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for all our students.
For information about the school, please go to www.sacredheart.southwark.sch.uk
Visits to the school before application submission are welcomed.
Please contact Mr G Vincent on 0207 274 6844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
The deadline for applications is: Friday 16th April 2021 , noon. Email applications to email@example.com to include a letter, application form, email address and full contact details of two referees or apply via TES Online.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted and the School reserves the right to interview suitable applicants before the deadline.
Sacred Heart School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Sacred Heart School is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer
Sacred Heart Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
An Outstanding School
Sacred Heart Catholic School is a high performing, heavily oversubscribed 11-18 school. The school is consistently in the top 10% of the country’s schools based on Value Added and has been judged as ‘Outstanding&rsquo...