Head of Business and Economics
Kings’ School Al Barsha is inviting applications for a driven and passionate Head of Business and Economics to lead our highly successful department.
The faculty runs a highly successful Business and Economics GCSE and A-Level course and also has a dynamic new Level 2 and 3 BTEC Business courses. The faculty has a strong focus on innovation and our goal is to connect our students with real-world industry experiences, helping them apply, extend and challenge their skills.
The Head of Business and Economics role requires an excellent leader with an ambitious appetite for success and a clear idea of how this success can be secured within the Business and Economics curriculum, so that students enjoy their learning and thrive in terms of achievement and attainment.
You will be able to develop the Business and Economics curriculum that will ensure the ‘best by every child’ and give them the very best pathway through to our Sixth Form and beyond.
When you join the Kings’ family, you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Business and Economics as the sole or significant focus
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Department or Faculty Leader
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the well-being and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- The ability to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international, multicultural environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential).
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 7th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.
Kings' School Al Barsha
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years