Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Head of Business Studies and Economics Teacher for an outstanding independent school in Surrey, Greater London. The successful Head of Business Studies and Economics Teacher’s timetable will include teaching Business Studies and Economics to KS4 and KS5, in addition to leading the Business Studies and Economics department. This unique school caters for pupils aged 3 to 18 and includes a nursery, pre-prep, preparatory, senior school, and sixth form.
About the Role
· Head of Business Studies and Economics Teacher
· Teaching Business Studies and Economics to GCSE and A Level classes
· Leading the Business Studies and Economics department
· 2 term contract from January 2018 until July 2018
· Up to £50,000 per annum
About the School
· Independent school, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· All-through, 3-18 co-educational school
· Broad curriculum and wide range of extra-curricular activities
· Well-resourced facilities
· Beautiful Georgian buildings situated on 15 acres of land
· Prestigious history dating back to the 1800’s
· Located 30 minutes from London via National Rail
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Business Studies and Economics Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMA23591.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.