Head of Business Studies (Maternity Cover)
TLR 2b Allowance
Required: April 2021
Thank you for your interest in becoming Head of Business Studies (Maternity Cover) at the Forest Academy. The Forest Academy is on an exciting journey, and we are looking for a teacher who is committed to making a difference to the lives of our students. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational teacher who is ambitious and has a real passion for their subject and the ability to lead the successful development of their subject. The successful applicant will have high expectations, and will be a reflective practitioner who is always keen to develop and improve their teaching. They will appreciate their role in helping our students to have high aspirations, and they will share our belief that our students deserve an exceptional curriculum and the very best teaching. They will, like us, believe in our students.
The Forest Academy (TFA) is a part of the Beacon Multi Academy Trust, along with Beal High School, North East London Teaching Alliance (NELTA) and Beacon Business Innovation Hub (BBIH). TFA is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school, located in the north east corner of Redbridge.
TFA and Beal sixth forms amalgamated in September 2018. The 6th form is co-located at TFA and Beal High School, with c. 250 6th form students based at TFA. This role will leading the business department across KS4-5.
Why choose TFA?
• A small, caring and welcoming community school
• High expectations of all and where all students are entitled to consistent high quality learning experiences
• A committed and dedicated staff working hard to shape the lives of the young people who come to our school
• High quality CPD offer, through our partnerships with NELTA, Beal High School and other partnerships
• Beal High School sixth form is part co-located at TFA, thus the opportunity work to support students within the sixth form
We welcome initial expressions of interest and discussions about the role. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org marking the email ‘FAO The Principal’ if you wish to book a telephone call.
This post is for a fixed term – from 19th April 2021 until 31st December 2021, with potential to extend.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Keeping Children Safe in Education
BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years