PLYMOUTH HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
Head of Chemistry
· Full time and permanent
· Pay range dependent on qualifications and experience with TLR2b (£4,442)
· Start date: September 2018
We are seeking to appoint a high achieving, innovative and inspirational teacher to lead the Chemistry Department.
The successful candidate will:
· Have the potential, or experience, to be a capable and energising leader, who will manage the delivery of an appropriate curriculum which is challenging, differentiated and well resourced
· Be reflective of their practice, with a drive to improve; and the ability to lead and support that improvement across the department
· Be an excellent practitioner with a proven track record of success
· Be able to convey their enthusiasm about science; bringing fresh ideas to inspire the pupils, build their resilience, and improve outcomes
· Be eager to develop further the exciting extra- curricular science activities which already take place
· Be fully committed to high academic and professional standards and expectations
· Be a genuine team player who will participate fully in the wider activities of the department and school
· Have the ability to enthuse and motivate students.
Candidates should contact Miss Joanna Chalmers, e-mail email@example.com for an application pack and informal enquiries. Further information and an application pack may also be downloaded from our website, www.phsg.org
Closing date: 12.00 noon on 19th March 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and protecting the well-being and welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and to undertake a DBS Enhanced Check.