We wish to appoint, for September 2021, a first rate qualified and enthusiastic Head of Classics. The School will consider funding an exceptional candidate through a PGCE at Buckingham University.
The main purpose of this teaching role is to lead and develop the teaching and learning of Latin to pupils in the Prep School and to continue to foster and develop links with our Pre-Prep.
Latin at Highfield is both popular and successful and the Department sets the highest standards. It has enjoyed outstanding success at Scholarship level at both 11+ and 13+ as well as Common Entrance. The successful candidate would be expected to teach Latin to 13+ Common Entrance and Scholarship level.
An ability to coach games and contribute to our vibrant extra-curricular provision would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will:-
- be a first rate classicist
- show real passion for their subject; promoting the learning, love and excellence of Classics throughout the School and ensure high levels of interest and achievement, particularly in senior school Scholarship Examinations
- be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
- have excellent planning and preparation skills
- have strong communication skills and excellent leadership qualities
- have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
- be resilient under pressure
- show a strong commitment to promoting the well-being of pupils
- work collaboratively with colleagues
- develop the professional standards of the department
- be able to demonstrate a keen awareness of current educational and subject relevant issues
- demonstrate a clear understanding of how to ensure the highest possible outcomes for pupils in their subject, whilst not diminishing their love and enjoyment of their learning
- participate fully in the wider life of the school according to his / her talents and interests
Pay and conditions
An attractive salary will be determined in accordance with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Accommodation on site may be available. The School offers reduced fees for children of staff at both Highfield and Brookham, the Pre-Prep School.
Method of Application
Full details of the post and an Application Form can be downloaded from the School Website www.highfieldschool.org.uk/jobs.
A letter of application and completed Application Form including the names and addresses of two referees should be sent to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire GU30 7LQ.
Email applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 12th April 2021, with interviews happening soon after. We reserve the right to interview before this date.
We are an I.A.P.S. co-educational Boarding and Day Pre-Prep and Prep School for 520 pupils aged 2 to 13. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants are expected to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Employer Online Service regarding prohibition orders issued by the Secretary of State and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Highfield and Brookham Schools is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Highfield & Brookham School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 8 - 13 years