Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Head of Computer Science and ICT Teacher to join a large co-educational secondary school in Sheerness, Kent. The role begins in January 2018 and is a full time, permanent contract. The successful Head of Computer Science and ICT Teacher will teach up to KS5 and have opportunities to progress their career.
The academy is one of the largest mixed comprehensive schools in the country with capacity for 2,500 students, spread across two campuses. The appointed teacher will be joining the school at a critically exciting point in their development. The dedicated science department are looking forward to welcoming a new teacher to the team.
About the Role
· Head of Computer Science and ICT
· Lead the Computer Science and ICT Department
· Teach Computer Science and ICT up to KS5 level
· Full time, permanent contract
· Up to £39,000 + TLR depending on experience
About the School
· Co-educational academy in Sheerness, Kent
· Situated across two sites
· Well-resourced with modern facilities
· Improved GCSE results year on year
· Strong community links and charity project work
· Forward thinking leadership team
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Computer Science and ICT Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMA40488.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.