Head of Computer Science/Business Studies & Economics (maternity cover)
September 2018 MPR/UPR + TLR1B
Do you want to make an impact in a school that is moving forward with exciting times ahead?
We are looking to appoint a driven and forward thinking colleague with a passion for teaching Computer Science and ICT and with the ability to also lead on Business and Economics. Computer Science is delivered at KS4 and KS5 with Business and Economics being delivered at KS4 & KS5.
Candidates will need to:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to enthuse students with a love of learning
- have strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a team
- have a commitment to and be passionate about, maintaining and developing high standards of achievement for learners of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a highly successful team that has an exceptional track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL.
Copthall School is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls Secondary School based in Mill Hill, Barnet. Our students’ enjoy a varied curriculum which embraces and supports different learning styles, abilities and talents. We are very proud of our most recent GCSE and A Level results. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results offers both A Level and Academic General pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications. Following the appointment of a new Headteacher in September 2016, Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school which resulted in outstanding outcomes for students and a feature in the 2017 Parliamentary Review showcasing best practice.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear DBS check to an enhanced level.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st February 2018 (12 noon)