A Great Leadership Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park, Kuala Lumpur campus is a large 3-18 school located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating place to work. We love learning and we are continually getting better. We are extremely proud to be the flagship school in the region.
We are looking for a Head of Computer Science who will join the International Section to help us guide the school and work with our colleagues to take us to the next level. If you want to be part of our team you will need to be passionate about learning and knowledgeable about the factors that affect learning. You will be good at working and with and inspiring your colleagues, our students and their parents. When our children are in school, you will be more interested in being in classrooms and working with colleagues.
We are a unique campus, home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE, IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes almost 2000 student, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1250 attending the international school, 690 in National School. We celebrate being Asian and love the fact that we combine international thinking to create a diverse and exciting campus.
We believe in creating “Amazing Learning Experiences” for our communities. Working collaboratively to help children be ready for the world and the contribution they can make locally and globally.
We believe that all students learn though good struggles and this at times needs to be consolidated using a variety of teaching methods. Taking risks, being resilient and showing creativity and adaptability for all our communities is important in our learning process. Our students go onto some of the top universities in the world and if they don’t, go into careers and colleges of their choice.
We are an honest campus and enjoy being self-reflective, so we can self-improve together to create amazing learning experiences more often than not. We are not perfect but strive to be the best we can.
We have lots of accreditation's just to show the world that we know what we are doing, including being the first school globally to be gain full accreditation by the Council of International Schools (CIS), for both TIS and SST schools. We hold the certificates for CIE, IPC, Microsoft, Duke of Edinburgh's Award and are one of 15 schools in Malaysia to hold the Green Flag Award.
About our Group
Tenby Schools SEP is proud to be part of International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools’ group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia and the USA. Our Regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia. The Head of Computer Science will be supported by the school leadership teams and other learning clusters and networks both regionally and globally. We love to talk about learning at all levels, as this is at the core of everything we do!
This is amazing opportunity for you to develop yourself, take a risk or two, meet other like-minded leaders, share learning practice and work collectively with a local and global team. We even have a global learning hub where you can share learning and leadership ideas so we can get better together.
So if this excites you, please apply. We’d love to talk to you.
We are looking for someone who:
- Puts children at the heart of everything they do.
- Is passionate about Computer Science and why it is important for young people to learn the skills and knowledge involved.
- Has experience of planning and delivering GCSE/IGCSE and A Level Computer Science is essential.
- Has experience of designing a Computer Science curriculum and the knowledge to keep it up to date in a rapidly developing sector
- Has excellent knowledge of using Python.
- Is self-reflective and wants to improve as an individual and as a leader.
- Has the skills to be an inspiring leader with a proven track record in leading improvements in a department or across the school.
- Can establish strong and positive relationships with others and looks to work in teams.
- Is able to support other teachers and their development.
- Is able to prioritise and delegate effectively.
- Is someone who recognises and rewards excellent practice.
- Is a strong communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others.
- Is dedicated to improving the child including a clear commitment to child safeguarding
In return we offer:
• A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected.
• A passionate, positive, highly skilled and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• Allocated support through our Leadership Teams to support you in developing an exceptional learning school.
• An embedded whole trust commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded leaders.
• A real commitment to work-life balance – we remember we are human beings first and educators second!
• Great employee benefits.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Medical and Insurance Coverage
• Overseas allowance
• Relocation allowance
• Fee reduction for children of employees
• Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
Co-operates and works with relevant agencies to establish and maintain systems to protect children. We responsible for ensuring the welfare, health and well-being of all children and young people. Creates a vigilant organisational culture which monitors and prioritises the safeguarding of children and young people above all considerations.
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 30th Jan 2021 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Tenby International School (Setia Eco Park)
Setia Eco Park, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years