Head of Curriculum
Reference Number: SCC1718115
Salary: Starting salary £54,162 per annum with incremental progression to £59,308
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Tuesday 19th June 2018
Interview Date: W.C 25th June or W.C 2nd July 2018 TBC
Location: Salford College of Further Education
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 37
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to become the Head of Curriculum at Salford College of Further Education. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher and leader. They will be forward-thinking, creative and committed to providing the very best learning experiences for our students. They will also show that they have excellent communication and organisational skills.
They will demonstrate a strong commitment and experience of leading on and delivering outstanding levels of student progress and achievement. They will also have an excellent understanding of 16-18 Study Programmes in vocational and occupational programmes of study and also an understanding of adult programmes.
They will have a proven track record and experience of increasing student recruitment, establishing meaningful and productive relationships with stakeholders and developing innovative and inspiring curriculum content.
The post will also suit an individual who is able to inspire and lead a talented and committed management team in support of the Head of College for Salford College of Further Education as we enter an exciting time of expansion and development at the college.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· 40 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.