The College is seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking individual, with a high level of emotional intelligence to lead the Business Department.
The Business Department has a long-standing reputation for outstanding results, offering a range of courses at Key Stage 5 including Edexcel A Level Business, IB Diploma Business Management HL and SL and OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3.
The success of the department is matched by its popularity, with large numbers of pupils opting for a business course in the Sixth Form (Higher Line).
The department is situated in a suite of 6 classrooms all equipped with C Touch screens. The department is well-resourced with all students having access to online textbooks and using Microsoft Teams as our online platform.
The Head of Business is expected to:
• Lead, support and develop the team of Business teachers
• Further develop the use of technology to enhance the learning opportunities for our pupils;
• To enhance the current co-curricular provision offered by the Business Department
• Promote the study of Business to all stakeholders
• Regularly monitor the quality of teaching, learning and assessment
• Chair fortnightly departmental meetings
• Review the departments practices and policies annually
• Ensure whole school policy is implemented and evaluated within the department
• Oversee the development of digital learning within the department
• Conduct staff development reviews
• Induct and mentor new staff, NQTs and PGCE students
• Ensure that gifted and talented pupils are stretched to their maximum potential
• Ensure that pupils who find the subject particularly challenging have access to the best possible support
• Actively promote the Stonyhurst ethos as set out in the College Mission Statement
• Contribute to the games and/or co-curricular programme
• Play a full part in boarding pastoral care, usually as a member of a Playroom or House team
• Provide tutorial support as tutor to a group of pupils
• Cover for absent staff as required
• Attend whole school events such as assemblies, school masses, etc.
• Attend parents’ events such as Parents’ Weekends, Great Academies, etc.
• Complete one or more weekly studies supervision and one other staff duty
For further information and to apply for this exciting opportunity please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 14th April at 12noon. Interviews will be held Friday 23rd April.
Stonyhurst is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Stonyhurst is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years