Are you an outstanding teacher looking to develop your experience and professional career? We have an opportunity for you to do this to at St Bartholomew’s School. We pride ourselves on our academic success. This year 83% of students achieved both GCSE English and Mathematics at level 4 or better and 29% of all grades were 9 – 7.
We are searching for a full-time Head of Department: Dance to join us from 1 September 2020 on a permanent basis.
You will work in our committed and enthusiastic Expressive Arts faculty, teaching students in a modern school, supported by an excellent house system. You will act as department lead and be responsible for leading and developing the Dance curriculum.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and passionate individual who can lead the Dance department and provide first class teaching.
We offer you:
• A vibrant school with outstanding facilities with a work room for every faculty and a laptop and desk for all teaching staff.
• Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
• An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
• Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
• A personalised professional development programme to support your individual career goals including opportunities to be coached or coach others, internal and external training throughout the year, lesson observation and feedback.
• Involvement in developing the school further including Action Research Teams, sharing excellent practice, an Exit Pass enabling you to spend time in other schools gaining and sharing knowledge.
• Regular opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities, social gatherings on Fridays after school.
• A free lunch every day.
• A level teaching is available for suitable candidates.
• Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a 6th Form of 580) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Our Applicant Information booklet is below along with a Job Description. You can also scroll down to find out more about our school. We would love to receive your application. We know your time is precious, so please click on the Quick Apply button below.
Closing date: Wednesday 1 April 2020
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.