Head of Department for Design and Technology
Pay Scale: Main Professional Scale + TLR1B
London Weighting: Outer
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. Over the past 5 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement. Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted;
• 'Students make excellent progress'
• 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
• '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has an excellent CPD programme and is committed to developing all staff, as we continue our journey to becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school. This includes three staff training afternoons, two department meetings and one twilight training session every 6 weeks. Lessons finish for students at 1:30 pm on a Friday.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional practitioner who is innovative, motivated and enthusiastic to lead the Design and Technology department. Design and Technology is a very popular subject at GCSE with both Product Design and Graphics offered. Product Design is also offered at A-level. Both A-level and GCSE courses have been academically successful for several years and the school will be looking for the new Head of department to build on this success. The department is well resourced with 3-D printers, laser cutters and high quality I.T systems as well as a dedicated woodwork room and support technician.
The position is open to less experienced candidates if they can demonstrate the skills and commitment to develop at pace.
For September 2018 we require:
• An innovative, dynamic and creative person with excellent interpersonal skills
• A leader who is passionate and enthusiastic about their subject
• An excellent innovative classroom teacher able to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower our students to achieve
• Ability to teach A-level is essential
• Commitment to sharing good practice across the whole school
• Excellent subject knowledge with the ability to meet assessment objects to ensure students make exceptional progress.
Whether you are currently in a leadership role or looking to make the next step-up in your career, this post is an excellent opportunity for someone to really make their mark and become part of our committed team at Norlington School.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
A recruitment pack and application form is available on the TES jobs website, school’s website: www.norlington.net , Our school/Vacancies link. Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews scheduled for: Week beginning Monday 21st May 2018