Head of Department for Design Technology
TLR 2b - £4,530
A recruitment allowance of up to £2000 may be available
to a suitably experienced candidate
LGS MPS/UPS SCALE
Aspire, Learn, Achieve
We require, for September 2019, an enthusiastic, permanent Head of Department for Design Technology, to join our hard working Creative Technologies Faculty team, in this large, mixed 11-19 comprehensive school.
The successful candidate:
• Will have a strong commitment to teaching and learning in Design Technology;
• Will be an effective classroom practitioner committed to raising standards for all students;
• Will be able to teach Art at Key Stages 3 and 4 and possibly Key Stage 5;
• Will be fully committed to the maximising the achievement of every student;
• Will have a commitment to extra-curricular activities and trips
• The drive and determination to motivate colleagues and students;
• A creative and energetic approach to teaching and management;
• Good organisational skills;
• The ability to lead and develop a team of teachers;
• The vision to develop the courses currently offered;
• Open to change, new ideas and innovation.
A lesson observation and a formal interview will form the selection criteria.
A candidate information booklet and application form are available on the vacancies section of Lord Grey Academy’s website:
Please note the application form is available on the right hand side of the above link.
Completed application form and covering letter should be submitted to Human Resources at Lord Grey or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Friday 26th April 2019.
Only successfully short listed candidates will be contacted.
The school is committed to safeguarding children. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check.