Head of Department: Geography
Do you have the exceptional subject knowledge, proven leadership track record, drive and ability that are essential to inspire staff and students alike to reach their full potential? We are looking to appoint a Head of Geography to lead our talented, well-resourced and very popular Geography Department. We are interested in someone who can lead a large team of staff, and contribute positively to the full range of teaching in this 11 – 18 year boys selective school.
- A qualified Geography teacher, able to teach to A level
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who is flexible and innovative with a rigorous approach to assessment and learning
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Commitment to exceptional standards of teaching and learning by students and staff to achieve the results expected at this School
- A Leader who can instill a culture of continuous professional development within your Department to motivate and enhance your own and your staff’s skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other Leaders
- A Leader committed to ensuring that your Department and Staff implement and adhere to Trust policies
- A committed team member who will be willing to contribute to the wider school activities
- Enthusiastic and highly able students who “attain very high standards and make excellent progress” (OFSTED)
- A well-resourced Geography department, fully staffed by qualified specialists
- Supportive and enthusiastic colleagues, and a positive working environment
- A strong relationship with the local community with fast links to London and Europe; free on-site parking
- Benenden Healthcare Scheme
- Potential for on-site accommodation
Closing date: 26th February, 2021
Interviews: 4th and 5th March, 2021
Appointment: 1st September, 2021
In usual times we welcome visits to our School, but if you would like to find out more about the school please visit our website at www.gravesendgrammar.com. To ask more details about the Geography Department please contact Mrs Sarah Tremain, Deputy Headteacher, by email at email@example.com .
We will only consider Gravesend Grammar School application forms and will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be e-mailed to Jenny Lumley, HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the closing date.
The school reserves the right to close this advert early should the right candidate be found. Interviews may take place before the advertised closing date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role.
Gravesend Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years