Ryde Academy is a successful and rapidly growing 11-18 school which is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust, one of the largest MATs in the UK. Based on the Isle of Wight, it has beautiful landscapes, unspoilt beaches, wonderful country walks, many places of historical interest and is an idyllic place to bring up a family with an exceptional quality of life. There are excellent transport links in Ryde to both Portsmouth and Southsea and is also easily commutable from there.
A Good school, we are proud of our friendly and welcoming environment where our relationships with our students are excellent and both the personal and professional support of our staff is exceptional. Together, we are passionate about our young people and determined to ensure that they are able to lead remarkable lives and learn to be the best version of themselves so that they can leave school after their time at Ryde as happy, caring and knowledgeable young people ready to compete in a global market.
- An outstanding Head of Department for Science is required for our rapidly improved academy which was judged as good by Ofsted in November 2016. You’ll be working with 'Principal of the Year’, Joy Ballard in our multi-million-pound school building.
- The successful candidate must be an excellent Science practitioner who is able to lead by example and inspire others.
- If you feel you have the skills and determination to make a difference and to help and transform the lives of young people on the Island, we would like to hear from you.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- An annual season ticket loan (where applicable)
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking (where applicable)
- Subsidised or free lunch (where applicable)
This position is required to commence Easter 2019 or September 2019.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22 February 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. To apply, please click the 'Quick Apply' button below.
For a confidential discussion, please call 01983 567331.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhance checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.