Posting Date: 18.11.2020
Closing Date: 17.01.2021
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong opened in 2018. A primary school, we provide almost 1,000 places for children aged between 3 and 11 years old.
Operating within a world-class and purpose built facility, students enjoy wide access to our swimming pools, sports hall, dance studio, gymnastics centre, auditorium and recital suite. These spaces, among others, have been designed bespoke for primary aged children.
The school enjoys an advantageous setting in Tseung Kwan O - easily accessible by road and MTR, it also benefits from the strongest of partnerships with Shrewsbury School in the UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk).
An excellent and internationally competitive package of benefits is offered under the terms of a two year contract.
The Head of Design and Technology will:
- Lead on the design, implementation and strategic review of a bespoke programme of study, and support the collection of all required supporting resources;
- Act as line manager for a full department of employees, setting and monitoring appropriately challenging goals and targets;
- Liaise closely with academic leaders across the school to ensure excellent curricular integration and full participation;
- Lead the promotion of Design and Technology across the school community and actively support the professional development of colleagues;
- Support the planning and delivery of all learning connected to Design and Technology;
- Develop a balanced departmental timetable;
- Demonstrate support for the Senior Leadership Team through the implementation and reinforcement of policy and expectation.
The Head of Design and Technology will:
- Be a fully qualified teacher with QTS and have a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience;
- Have a full understanding of the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage profile and experience of working with English language learners;
- Demonstrate a high level of personal expertise in Design and Technology;
- Be passionate about the development of young people;
- Work effectively with senior colleagues and closely with The Principal;
- Be able to find creative solutions to arising challenges posed;
- Lead positively and with integrity.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Attend regular in-house child protection and safeguarding programmes and sign a Code of Conduct;
- Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any concerns they have for the welfare of a student;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in The School’s Speak Out Policy;
- Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport)
- 3 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract
- Verification of original qualifications
Full details of the school are available on our website at http://www.shrewsbury.edu.hk.
Any queries should be forwarded to our HR Assistant Manager, Ms Angie Wong at: email@example.com
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong (SHK)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years