To lead a high-performing team of the Department of English/EAL providing students with high quality teaching, raising the profile of English throughout the school and driving the development of English/EAL as a curriculum subject.
- To provide high quality teaching of EAL throughout the College (Years 7 – 13) to IGCSE, AS and A level;
- To manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge students;
- To use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment;
- To maintain appropriate records;
- To follow agreed policies for communications in the school and to communicate effectively with parents of students as appropriate;
- To participate in the development and implementation of schemes of work, marking and assessment policies and procedures in the relevant curriculum area;
- To be a fully integrated member of the departmental team;
- To contribute fully to the life of the school through, in addition to teaching, participating in the normal supervisory, pastoral and co-curricular duties undertaken by all members of staff, including fulfilling a commitment to the boarding life of the school;
- To support the pastoral work of the school by taking on the role of a Tutor;
- To demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development.
- Bachelor's Degree with major in English and a recognized teacher qualification
- Experience in teaching EAL student in internatinal school or bi-lingual school is preferrable
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment
- Experience in strategic leadership and teamwork
- Experience of working as a Head of Department position in this subject area for at least two years
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Malvern College Chengdu
Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Five Distinctive Features of Malvern’s Xinjin Campus
Nurturing global citizens well versed with Chinese and Western cultures by stages
At Malvern, educating the “whole person” begins with the acquisition of skills and of knowledge. From bilingual imm...