Responsible for high quality teaching, learning and pastoral care for students in the ELICOS program
Full time, newly created position
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an internationally-accredited Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school in Hobart, Tasmania with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys.
An exciting opportunity is available for an outstanding educator and teacher to lead up our newly established ELICOS (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students) program in Term 3, 2019. Commencing in May (negotiable), this position is responsible for the daily leadership and management of the ELICOS program and plays a pivotal role in creating a successful pathway for overseas students entering the Australian Curriculum.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have tertiary qualifications, suitable postgraduate TESOL qualification/s and appropriate teaching experience or other equivalent to meet standards required by the national regulator TEQSA.
• Be a registered teacher with the Tasmanian Teachers Registration Board.
• Have a thorough understanding of the administrative and legislative requirements of ESOS and NEAS associated with the delivery of English as a Second Language Program within the Australian context.
• Have demonstrated experience as an Educational Leader in ELICOS curriculum development, review and implementation.
• Have experience in identifying and executing continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
• Have an ability to develop strong relationships with families and their children.
• Be a positive role model for boys, the ELICOS team and broader community.
• Have demonstrated experience in developing and leading a high performing team.
• Hold a current first aid qualification (desirable).
For more information and to apply go to http://www.hutchins.tas.edu.au/employment/
Applications close 9.00am Monday 18 March 2019
For further information please contact the Personal Assistant to the Office of the Deputy Headmaster, Ms Donna Robinson, email@example.com or +61 3 6221 4270.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).