We at Al Jazeera Academy seek an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious Head of Early years who is committed to the highest standards of Education and who can demonstrate leadership and management skills compatible with our School’s vision, mission and values.
The Academy provides quality education aimed at nurturing the development of the whole child concept, whilst emphasizing a solid foundation based on the National Curriculum of England and Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS). The Academy has high standard reputation and is popular with families across Qatar.
The Academy operates a dual curriculum – an English National Curriculum alongside the Qatar Curriculum for Arabic, Islamic studies and social studies.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Early Years specialist to join the senior leadership team to fully support parents, students and staff as they work towards whole school improvement. This position would suit someone who is looking to expand their leadership skills in an international setting.
The Head of Early Years will be responsible for managing all staff programmes, curriculum content and assessment of the school.
Who will also support the Principal to lead the school and further develop the already strong provision of the EYFS curriculum.
Al Jazeera Academy is a member of the Ta'allum Group of Schools. Ta'allum Group is a growing and successful organization consisting of 3 partner schools. Due to oversubscription there are plans to open 2 new Academies in Doha in the near future.
We welcome applications from exceptional professionals with the right blend of experience, creativity, organization, passion and flair.
Al Jazeera Academy
PO Box 22250, Doha, Qatar
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Recognized Teaching qualification (B.Ed. / PGCE or equivalent)
- Significant knowledge and experience of the English National Curriculum particularly at Early Years / Foundation Stage
- Minimum 5 Years Leadership Experience
- Creative, innovative and resilient, the candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills. Good IT and organizational skills are also essential.
successful candidate should have high expectations of themselves with a professional working ethos and sound early years’ educational philosophy to drive the education agenda. This needs to be combined with exceptional; communication and leadership skills to motivate both children and staff.
The school offer a competitive package which includes:
- Competitive Tax free salary, depending upon qualification & experience.
- Two Bedroom Fully Furnished Apartment with paid utilities.
- Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, 100% discount on tuition & registration fees, visa and residency for 2 dependents.
- Private medical insurance for self and three nominated dependents
- Free Schooling at Ta’allum Group Schools - 100% discount on tuition, registration and exam fees
- End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor law
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.
The selected applicant will be required to provide criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.
Please send the following to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Detailed up to date CV
• Job Application Form
Please visit our websites – www.taalumgroup.com and http://aja.edu.qa/ to find out more about Al Jazeera Academy and the Ta’allum Group of schools.
Al Jazeera Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Al Jazeera Academy - A Unique Cultural Experience
Al Jazeera Academy provides a wonderful experience for prospective staff to work and grow in a unique cultural setting. Our students are mostly native Qatari, well motivated, courteous and a ple...