Head of Economics and Business.
The ability to teach Economics at A-level is essential.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive independent college, based in North Yorkshire. The school is looking to add a Head of Economics and Business to their progressive and supportive Economics and Business Department ideally starting in April 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Economics and Business at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
The Head of Department will also line manage the Economics and Business department, supporting the SLT link and Headteacher to ensure the department achieve to its maximum potential.
“We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Economist, to teach both Economics and Business Studies, and lead the Economics and Business Studies Department. This is an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified teacher to join the Ampleforth team.Economics and Business Studies are taught in the modern, purpose-built facilities of the Bamford Centre. Where we operate an open-door policy to students who are able to access regular teacher support, both in small groups and one-to-one settings, no matter what their ability.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Economics and Business Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Economics and Business up to GCSE/A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and financial management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1379855 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. REF: 1379855
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...