Hours: Full Time or Part Time (0.8)
We seek to appoint a well-qualified and experienced Head of Educational Support/SENCO to lead and manage our high-quality Educational Support provision across both our Junior and Senior Schools.
Working closely with the Head, SLT and colleagues, you will play a key role in the strategic development of the school’s Educational Support policy (SEND).
The successful candidate will hold Qualified Teacher Status and, preferably, a recognised qualification in at least one area of SEN and be able to demonstrate their breadth of experience as a SENCO, teacher and line manager.
Substantial and sustained proven success where you have raised the standards and levels of achievement of pupils with SEN is essential, as is the ability to engage and develop strong relationships with children, colleagues, parents and external agencies.
About the School
Nottingham Girls’ High School is one of the country’s leading independent day schools for girls from Nursery through to Year 13. The school offers a strong professional development programme, excellent facilities and ICT resources and a friendly and supportive working environment. Our staff find it very rewarding to work here - it's a mutually beneficial environment with happy girls, making for happy and gratifying lessons and a friendly general atmosphere across all areas of the school.
As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A professional development programme
- A friendly and supportive working environment, open to creativity and innovation
- Enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- A network of hardworking, dedicated and committed staff who are passionate about children's learning
- The support of a talented Senior Leadership Team
- An excellent environment to develop professionally
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 19th April 2021 at 9am.
Interview date: 10th May 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Nottingham Girls' High School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years