North Cambridge Academy has a progress score of +0.23 (2018) and is in the top 30% of schools nationally and the top 12% of schools given its context. You are looking at a small school of 450 pupils aged 11 to 16, where you will make a profound difference to children’s life chances.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Head of English, who is either currently a curriculum leader or 2nd in department with suitable experience and ready to step up. The successful candidate will join our very successful English team, a dynamic group of individuals who pride themselves on offering an incredible learning experience for pupils. We are looking for an individual who has the vision and flare to continue and improve upon the department’s solid track record of pupil progress and fantastic results.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A believer in the potential of young people, with a mind-set that all children can experience success.
- Committed to the pursuit of excellence
- A team leader with a strong desire to work collaboratively, to ensure that all members of the English department can work to their best.
Teachers at North Cambridge Academy can look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
We can offer you
- Induction programme for new staff including unique CPD Trust wide package
- Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
- Leadership coaching from Trust wide professionals as well as in school training
- Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
- Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
- Free breakfast in the school restaurant and free tea and coffee throughout the day.
- Ample on site car parking in a city location.
- A member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area.
North Cambridge Academy moved into a brand new state of the art building two years ago, which affords us an excellent working and learning environment. We are situated to the north of the city, approximately a mile from the centre of Cambridge. There is easy access from the A14 and we are close to the new Cambridge North train station. Cambridge is a vibrant university city with a growing reputation as a great place to live for both young individuals and families.
We encourage visits before interview and these can be arranged by contacting Alison Gallagher PA to the Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to join an Academy demonstrating a serious commitment to impact on pupil progress, we welcome your application.
For further information please contact Alison Gallagher PA to the Principal email@example.com or telephone 01223 491 530
North Cambridge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that the post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.