The English College, Dubai, seeks a positive, reflective and inspiring Head of English Faculty to work in the Secondary School for August 2021. The successful candidate will have a growth mindset and high expectations of all staff and students. They will be open and willing to learn; they will be expected to engage in professional learning with the mindset that everyone can always improve. We are seeking a professional who is passionate about encouraging students to grow and develop holistically - academically, emotionally, physically and socially.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, highly qualified and committed, with an excellent track record. The role of Head of English Faculty is a unique and incredibly rewarding leadership challenge and an exciting opportunity to be part of the dynamic and forward thinking school. The successful candidate will demonstrate a creative approach to teaching and leading with the ability to inspire and motivate students with a diverse range of talents and abilities. A desire and willingness to teach through Years 7 to 13 is essential, along with experience of GCSE/IGCSE English Language and Literature, and A Level English Literature. Candidates must also have the necessary skills and vision to enhance teaching and learning within the department.
Applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of The English College. We are looking for a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop this forward-looking school. You should also illustrate a capacity to help students achieve their absolute best as part of a team, a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and well-being of our learners, and a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
The English College is an established, independent, and co-educational British curriculum all-through school (EYFS through to Year 13). We are well-resourced with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. Our students are motivated, committed and love learning. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities.
The English College is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
Successful applicants will:
- Be honest, transparent and have integrity.
- Have a good honours degree.
- Hold a QTS or PGCE teaching qualification, preferably from the UK.
- Have a minimum of five years’ teaching experience
- Head of department or faculty experience will be favoured but is not essential. A new, motivated and visionary middle leader would also be welcome to apply.
- Be able to provide a UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check.
- Be professional in appearance and conduct
- Be willing to contribute to the wider curriculum and support the vision of the school
Our remuneration package includes:
- Tax free salary, dependent upon experience
- Furnished accommodation in a central Dubai location
- Medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- Visa costs
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
Please apply by completing the online application form. Closing date for applications is 03.03.21 Early applications are strongly encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint early.
Long list / initial Skype interviews will be held as soon as applications are received. Final interviews with the Principal and Head of Secondary will be held following that. We look forward to receiving your application.
The English College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (ICPC or equivalent).
The English College Dubai
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years