Brighton College Dubai wishes to recruit a Head of English
The Brighton College family of schools aims to develop respectful, confident and intellectually curious young men and women who are ready to take a full, active and positive role in our world.
The ideal candidate will share these values, will know how to further stimulate parent and pupil demand, deliver outstanding academic outcomes and understand how to foster what is already a kind and collaborative community of pupils and colleagues.
The successful applicant will benefit from a comprehensive induction with senior colleagues at Brighton College UK - currently The Sunday Times School of the Year for a second time - and have ongoing support from and collaboration with other members of the Brighton College family of schools: Brighton College UK, Abu Dhabi (2011), Al Ain (2013), Bangkok (2016), Dubai (2018) and Singapore (Aug 2020).
How to Apply
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
1. Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Simon Crane, Head Master of Brighton College Dubai. Please state clearly in your letter your teaching experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
2. CV (maximum 4 sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. This should be attached to your electronic application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and Brighton College Dubai reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the School, applications will be acknowledged on receipt however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 21 days of the closing date for applications.
CLOSING DATE AND INTERVIEWS
Deadline for applications will be on Thursday, 16th September 2021.
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 19th September 2021.
Brighton College Dubai is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that should your application be successful, a police check will be undertaken in the country of origin; in the UK, a disclosure will be requested from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.
Brighton College Dubai
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Brighton College, one of the UK’s top schools, opened its fourth sister school in Dubai in September 2018, following in the footsteps of Brighton College Abu Dhabi (2011), Brighton College Al Ain (2013) and Brighton College Bangkok (2016).