You will be an excellent teacher with a proven record of achieving outstanding outcomes for your students. You will have experience of raising achievement and maintaining high expectations for all students. This is a unique opportunity to join a community of staff striving to create a truly great comprehensive school.
Ideal candidates will:
- Love English in all its forms
- Be a leader that can lead strategically and deliver operationally
- Lead by example and be an excellent English teacher who inspires and engages within the classroom. Equally, you will provide a wide range of opportunities outside of the classroom
- Have a track record of positive impact on student’s progress across the English Department
- Possess a strong desire to create and lead an excellent department in which all are valued and play a key role in raising standards.
- Have demonstrable evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence within a team
- Be passionate about developing their own practice and the teaching and learning practice of others
- Communicate effectively to staff, students and parents
- Lead the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, and relevant and differentiated English curriculum which is accessible for all
- Effectively manage and deploy financial and physical resources within the department to support the best outcomes of our students
The successful candidate:
- will champion all of our young people
- is passionate about the importance of education for all children
- refuses to accept that disadvantage or SEND should limit ambition or potential
- is consistently an outstanding practitioner with a positive work ethic
- is student centred and progress focused
- stays solution based
- is reflective, with a constant drive to improve
- is a versatile professional who is flexible in their operational and strategic outlook
Why work at Chessington:
- Our students are wonderful. They love the school, their teachers and learning.
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and professional development in a successful family of schools within the Every Child Every Day Trust
- A school dedicated to well-being. Increased length of October Half Term, workload reducing feedback strategies, Free gym membership, onsite childcare and more.
Here’s what our teachers say
“I have been at this school for 9 years and I love it! It gets better and better each year without losing the supportive and caring environment” Middle Leader
I am in my NQT year. The CPD, support and commitment I get has been overwhelming. I made the right choice” Newly Qualified Teacher
“This is the best school I have ever worked at” Deputy Headteacher
We are aware that applying for a new teaching job at this time of national challenge is strange and so we want to assure all candidates that we have put together a recruitment process sensitive to these difficulties. If you have any questions at all please contact Miss Sarah Wilson (Deputy Headteacher) on firstname.lastname@example.org and she will ensure you are reassured and informed.
Closing Date: 4pm Wednesday 3rd March
Interviews w/c 8th March 2021 (Online)
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years