Smart Teachers is recruiting for a passionate Head of English to join an improving school in Slough, Berkshire. The school is an inclusive Academy for girls and boys aged 11 to 16 years. This role is available to start in January; although, the school will wait for the right candidate. This position will include a generous salary depending on experience and also includes the possibility of joining the Senior Leadership Team within the year if the candidate was interested / successful.
About the Role
- Head of English
- Potential to join the Senior Leadership Team within a year
- £45,000 to £55,000 salary
- 2 other teachers in the department, both senior teachers
- 20 lessons per week out of possible 30
- 1 week time table
- PPA time available within the school day
- Small school / small department
About the School
- 11 to 16 – co-educational
- Ofsted – Requires improvement (behaviour will be a challenge in the first couple of weeks)
- Improving school
- Extensive CPD on offer with leadership training also available
- Generous maternity policy for flexible working
- Located just off the M4 with great road links and parking onsite
- Short distance form a popular over ground rail station
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of English will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Extensive knowledge of the UK GCSE curriculum
- Proven experience teaching the UK or equivalent curriculum preferred
- Proven experience leading a department preferred
- Experience working in a challenging environment desired
- Qualified teacher status is essential
- OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN13544.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.