Head of English (Maternity)
Salary: MPS/UPS (£22,917-£38,633) + LTR (£11,251) Competitive salary for the Berkshire Area
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Required for: January 2020
Are you an ambitious English Teacher looking to take on a leadership role? We are extremely proud of our English Department and are seeking an exceptional individual to lead the team forward. We are seeking to recruit permanently, but the post of responsibility will be fixed term as a maternity cover and we will discuss ongoing leadership opportunities with the successful candidate during interview.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- generous time allocation including no tutor group allocation to Heads of core subjects;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke three-year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role, the English Department and Kennet School please view the following files which you can access by locating this vacancy on TES.com:
- ‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
- ‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
- ‘Letter from Deputy Head’.
We would like you to be:
- ready to lead a team and create a shared vision;
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach English to Key Stage 4 and preferably Key Stage 5 in either Language or Literature;
- creative, forward thinking attitude and unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills
How to Apply:
The easiest way to apply is by accessing the role on www.TES.com and clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button. Alternatively you can download our application form from the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website and send your completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Mr C Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information.
Deadline: 9am on Monday, 16 September 2019. Candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2019.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.