Head of Expressive Arts
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an experienced, qualified Head of Expressive Arts to lead our expanding department.
The school runs GSCE and A-Level courses in Art, Textiles, Photography, Drama, Music and Sound Engineering. The Arts Faculty is excellently resourced and enjoys the active support of the Senior Leadership, who have a passion for the Arts and view it as essential to the curriculum.
The postholder will oversee and coordinate the day-to-day running of the school’s Art, Drama and Music Departments. They will ensure the curriculum feeds into and supports a vibrant programme of co-curricular and enrichment activities, allowing students to showcase their talents in all areas.
The position offers the chance for an existing leader to develop and drive the Expressive Arts Curriculum across a 3-18 setting and we offer the chance to advance the successful applicant’s career within a supportive environment. The successful candidate will be committed to attending external professional development courses for Leadership (Such as NPQSL) or appropriate courses for critical thinking/pedagogy.
- A high quality degree with Performing Arts and/or Dance as the sole or significant focus
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
- Middle Leadership experience, Drama and/or Dance teaching experience
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.
Kings' School Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years