Clifton Community School
Middle Lane, Rotherham S65 2SN
Tel: 01709 515005 email: email@example.com
HEAD OF FACULTY – DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
Required to start September 2018
We require a highly motivated Head of DT who is committed to raising the expectations and achievements of our young people at Clifton Community School. We are looking for an inspirational individual with enthusiasm, resilience, strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to motivate young people and staff.
The successful candidate is expected to teach at both Key Stage 3 and 4 across the ability range.
This is a senior strategic position which should be of interest to leaders with:
• A proven track record of outstanding teaching of DT at KS3 and KS4
• Experience of leading a successful team to raise standards
• Experience of teaching construction, engineering, and/or resistant materials would be desirable
You will work at Clifton Community School in Rotherham and benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. Clifton is a thriving, multi-cultural, 11-16 school of 800 students, which was rebuilt in 2005. It is a school with high expectations and a student centred focus. Clifton is a school with a clear improvement strategy for continuing to raise attainment and is working towards becoming a good and then outstanding school.
Clifton works in partnership with Wickersley School & Sports College and this offers:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the family of schools
• The support and expertise of our outstanding faculties working across the family of schools
• Opportunities for significant career development
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and Recently Qualified Teachers
• Access to an outstanding programme of continuing professional development across the multi academy trust
Closing date: Noon on Friday 2nd March 2018
Application forms and further details are available to download from our website www.cliftonschool.org or by requesting a pack by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01709 538348/515005. (N.B. school closed for half term 12th Feb-16th Feb). Completed application forms should be returned to Miss M. Payton, PA to Headteacher, Clifton Community School, Middle Lane, Rotherham S65 2SN (email@example.com).
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.