We are looking for an exceptional candidate to lead our MFL faculty. The post will appeal to teachers with a strong track record who are wishing to join a dynamic and supportive team that are committed to the pursuit of excellence in the teaching of modern foreign languages.
The Head of MFL will ensure that the quality of teaching and learning in the faculty is consistently good and will contribute to supporting and developing other team members by sharing good practice. They will have excellent communication skills and be fully committed to improving the outcomes of pupils.
All pupils at KS3 study French, with the top sets studying German as well. At KS4, we currently have two GCSE French groups in each year and one group of German in Y10. The MFL Faculty has continuously achieved above average results, with French last year achieving an 86% pass rate at GCSE.
The ability to offer two languages, including French, will be an advantage. As the provision of modern foreign languages is a significant growth area within the Academy, we are looking to expand our language offer to include Spanish. The faculty currently has 3 teaching staff of varied experience which makes this position an ideal opportunity to shape the future of the MFL faculty.
Drapers’ Academy has much to offer:
- A clear vision for our school to deliver high standards of education for its community
- State of the art campus surrounded by acres of countryside
- An environment that promotes innovation
- Committed and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Our own 6th Form dedicated to A Level teaching
- Membership of the Havering Teacher Training Partnership to support teacher training and CPD of staff at all levels
- An employer who invests in the development of their staff with a commitment to your ongoing professional development
- Close proximity to the M25 (Junction 28, Brentwood) and the A12 for ease of access from London, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire and ample secure on-site parking
- Short bus journey from Harold Wood (Cross Rail) train station
- Committed sponsors – The Drapers Company and Queen Mary University of London
Drapers’ Academy is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
To find out more about Drapers’ Academy or our Trust please visit: www.drapersacademy.com or www.drapers-schools.com
Closing date: Wednesday, 31st January 2018.
Interview date: w/c Monday, 5th February 2018.
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.