CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with just over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team in August 2021 for the following position:
Head of Faculty of Business Studies
The successful candidate must have a degree in Business Studies or Economics, an internationally recognized teaching qualification in Business Studies or Economics, such as a PGCE/PGDE or a Bachelor of Education and have a minimum of four to five years’ current experience teaching Business Subjects: Business Studies and Economics at both Key Stages 4 (IGCSE) and 5 (A Level), with a minimum of three years’ leadership experience. Experience of teaching Year 9 enterprise or similar would be an advantage.
In addition to the requirements for Head of Faculty position listed above, the successful candidate:
• Must be an exceptional professional with demonstrated leadership experience, organisation and creativity to lead a strong and talented team, working collaboratively to share best practices, resources and ideas;
• Must be an excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centred learning environment;
• Must have recent experience and up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum especially regarding the CIE syllabus to A-level and have a proven record of high achievement/value added results;
• Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and can differentiate learning to meet the learning needs of each student;
• Must have the ability to work collaboratively, while managing multiple priorities, setting and meeting appropriate targets, be solution driven and be a positive force of good at the school;
• Must have experience with SIMS and and be fully IT literate;
• Must be willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities;
• Will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience of teaching and leading in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Salary range for the Head of Faculty position listed above is CI$45,500 – CI$61,500 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, April 16th, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Cayman Prep & High School
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years