The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Head of Faculty – Science and Technical Studies. This role at Thomas Middlecott Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
- To lead the faculty of Science and Technical Studies
- To act as the core Leader for a subject area and be responsible for leading, managing, supporting and monitoring the work of the departmental team to secure effective leadership and management of the department and high standards of staff performance
- Permanent, full-time teaching role
- Start date to be negotiable
Salary & Benefits
- MPS/UPS + TLR1A
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Very strong track of professional development
- The ability to plan strategically, to set out clear aims and objectives and to manage transformational change successfully
- The ability to carry out rigorous self-evaluation and review and to act on the findings in order to bring about improvement
- The ability to lead and manage individuals and teams of staff so as to bring out the best in them and the best outcomes for students
- The ability to provide effective support to staff so as to ensure the maintenance of good conduct and relationships
- A record of consistently delivering good and outstanding lessons that result in students meeting or exceeding KPI targets
- An in depth knowledge of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment for learning
- A thorough understanding of how to use performance data to monitor standards of attainment and to plan appropriate interventions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence, trust and respect amongst staff, students and families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and confidence in the use of new technologies
- Successful experience of curriculum leadership
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance
- Experience in promoting a wide range of teaching methodologies
- Experience of carrying out effective classroom observation to reliably assess standards of teaching, learning and attainment to Ofsted criteria
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Thomas Middlecott Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.