Head of Faculty, Science
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a passionate team of staff in our new all-through Academy. Oasis Academy Don Valley opened in September 2015 as an all-through Academy for pupils aged 2 – 16 in the Darnall and Attercliffe ward of Sheffield. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our growing team. This post offers the successful candidate the opportunity to take a leading role in developing the Secondary phase of our Academy. It is an exciting opportunity to be a member of an Academy that is striving to provide an outstanding education for pupils from all backgrounds.
To be responsible to the Principal for the smooth and effective day-to-day running of the Faculty as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of the subject teams within the Faculty ensuring that they work in unison to achieve, if not surpass, the Academy’s annual targets
SPECIFIC TASKS RELATED TO JOB PURPOSE:
To work with the Academy Leadership Team in developing and implementing a strategic plan that will ensure that the Academy becomes a leading edge, innovative, high performing, and emotionally intelligent Academy fit for the 21st century.
To lead on all matters concerning the smooth and effective running of the Faculty on a day-to-day basis in:
- Leading on the smooth co-ordination of the Faculty curriculum across all year groups. Produce the highest quality of student progress in terms of academic growth.
- To support the Academy Leadership Team in producing an integrated programme of student experiences that will enrich, broaden and strengthen each student’s personal development throughout his/her Academy life.
- Drive the Academy towards ‘cutting edge status’ and the achievement, or surpassing, of its annual targets.
To line manage the subject leaders and subject teams in ensuring that:
- The Faculty is striving to ensure the highest possible standards in Teaching and Learning The Faculty reviews are effective and efficient in ensuring the maintenance of high standards in Teaching and Learning and student progress
- The Faculty is thoroughly engaged in the Academy’s CPD programme
- Any additional identified CPD needs of subject leaders and Faculty members are fully met
- The Faculty is moving towards recognised cutting edge status in terms of teaching, learning and student progress
- A unique opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children
- A highly skilled team to work with and well-resourced class rooms
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best
- High quality support and mentoring to ensure that you succeed. This is a fantastic time to join our growing Academy team for an individual who sees them self as an outstanding leader with an unrelenting ambition for children.
- We can offer a first class programme of professional development for the successful candidate. Our Academy is a vibrant learning community giving you the potential to accelerate both your teaching and leadership career.
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the post informally if you require more information, visits are welcomed and encouraged.
Oasis Academy Don Valley is part of the Oasis Community Learning family, a multi-academy sponsor with the express purpose of transforming schools into community Hubs, through applying a holistic view of education.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.