Head of Food Technology and Nutrition
Ark Boulton Academy joined the Ark network in September 2015 and is a 6 form entry secondary school (11-16) in Sparkhill, Birmingham. Chosen by the students, the school is named after Matthew Boulton, a prominent Birmingham manufacturer, reflecting the industrial and entrepreneurial spirit of the city. Ark Boulton joins Ark’s thriving hub of primary and secondary schools in Birmingham.
We are now looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Head of Food and Technology. You’ll be developing, leading and managing exceptionally effective delivery of an outstanding curriculum that ensures all pupils make excellent progress. You will provide challenging leadership on Food Technology, including planning schemes of work, examinations and assessment, and teaching and learning.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an experienced Food Technology teacher with a record of delivering good and outstanding lessons.
• have evidence of supporting students to make beyond expected progress
• have an excellent record of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra-curricular activities.
• have a resilient character and a strong personal drive
• understand the difference that a great education can make to pupils - especially to those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To find out more about Ark Boulton, please visit www.arkboulton.org.
If you would like any further information or wish to discuss this role or arrange an informal visit please contact Rita Barratt on 0121 773 8156, or email email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed as received, so you may hear from us before the closing date.
Closing date: 29th January 2018 9.00 am
Interview date: Week commencing 05th February 2018
Start Date: April 2018
Salary: Ark MPS (£23,490- £34,670), plus TLR 2a (£2,667) depending on experience
Ark value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.