Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Head of Foundation Stage 2 / Reception for Al Ain Academy commencing Academic Year 2021 - 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of
schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Al Ain Academy opened in September 2011 providing high quality education in the heritage ‘Garden City’ of the United Arab Emirates. The children are taught the English National Curriculum – tailored to be meaningful to children living in Al Ain. Facilities at the school are excellent and include a large astro-turf field, two swimming pools, well-stocked library, a large multi-purpose sports hall, an auditorium and outdoor play areas. It is an exciting, challenging and enjoyable school to work in where achievement for pupils is at the heart of all we do. The school has achieved outstanding levels of progress and attainment, supported by rigorous tracking of data and assessment in all areas of the curriculum.
The successful candidate must have a secure knowledge of teaching and learning Foundation Stage with a proven track record of implementing effective strategies to raise standards and plug gaps in learning and will be able to demonstrate leadership skills/experiences at a variety of levels and to be effective in working collaboratively in a team.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To be an exemplar foundation stage classroom teacher with the knowledge and skills to support and develop colleagues.
• To recognise good practice and to identify areas for development and challenge underachievement.
• To communicate effectively in order to lead, manage and inspire others.
• To effectively lead a phase and work alongside the Senior Leadership Team to ensure this.
• To be focused on raising standards, school improvement (including areas beyond existing areas of responsibility) and be able to challenge underperformance and have difficult conversations.
• To be flexible, positive and proactive.
1. To be an exemplar classroom teacher, setting a standard to which others aspire to.
2. To contribute to the strategic development and smooth day to day running of the school.
3. To manage the work of the year teams. This includes- monitoring standards and pupil progress, including preparation for and action from year group progress meetings and data analysis, liaising with families, feeding into and from SLT meetings, supporting colleagues in developing their classroom practice, leading new initiatives to improve standards.
4. Leading key areas of the school as part of a subject leader team/lead learner or school improvement plan.
5. To ensure the year groups are properly resourced, and to empower all staff to take responsibility for the organisation and aesthetic appearance of all areas, and that shared areas are used effectively to support learning.
6. To deliver staff training and support individuals as necessary.
7. To take responsibility for the organisation and security of resource, reading books, laptops, iPads etc.
8. To participate in the Aldar Academies performance management cycle.
• Bachelor of Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Foundation Stage Teacher.
• Minimum of 2 years’ leadership experience.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience of Early Years Foundation Subject curriculum is necessary.
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities.
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Al Ain Academy
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 17 years
Abu Dhabi Education Council Inspection Rating Oct/Nov 2018 ( Band A Rated : Very Good School )
Al Ain Academy opened in September 2011 providing high quality education to the region. The children are taught the English National Curriculum – tailored ...