Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of ‘Pride in Achievement’ and enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. The outstanding Sixth Form achieves impressive results year after year. We are currently looking for a maternity cover for Head of French to join our team.
The MFL department offers:
- An MFL curriculum that is unique locally, in that almost all pupils in years 7 and 8 study two languages and the majority of pupils study a language in KS4, with large numbers taking two languages to GCSE.
- GCSE groups in French, German, Russian and Spanish and A Level groups in French, Russian and German, with Spanish A Level scheduled to commence in September 2018.
- A record of driving forward innovation in learning and teaching within the school and a strong commitment to languages for all.
- The exciting opportunity for an ambitious colleague to work with the Head of MFL and take the on the further development of French within the school.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
- Have the ability to teach French up to A Level, with one further language from German, Russian or Spanish to at least KS3 an advantage.
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge has recently expanded to ten forms of entry in each year group which has brought about many benefits and opportunities:
- An £11m building programme has delivered brand new facilities which are enjoyed by all students and staff.
- A broad, innovative and varied curriculum.
- Smaller class sizes in some subjects.
- Increased potential for career development and promotion.
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the post and an application form are available to download below. Please send completed forms to: email@example.com
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form are available from the school either by phoning 020 8504 9618, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk
Closing date: Friday, 1 December 2017 at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
WOODBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
A Specialist Language and Business & Enterprise College with Vocational Specialism
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 7DQ
Tel no: 020 8504 9618
Fax no: 020 8559 0487
Headteacher: Mr Andrew Beaumont, MA,BSc,NPQH
No. on roll 1670 (incl. 320 in Sixth Form)